Back to the Neutrals
- June, 17, 2022
- Tips & Trends
Let's talk neutrals in design aspects. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who love a pop of color in their homes, and those who like to keep it subtle. Designing your home with neutral colors gives you options for pops of color with your decor. Neutral style typically consists of an earthy, natural color pallette - ivory, white, beige, brown, greys. We love how these colors, infused with interesting textures, patterns, and material come together to create a beautiful space.
How you can achieve the look:
When designing your WCH home with our designers, you get to choose your colors for walls, floors, and accessories.
- To create a neutral home, start off by selecting your walls a grey, white, or an off-white color. After selecting the colors of your walls, choosing a neutral LVP/Carpet color to accent the colors of the walls.
- Avoid white on white on white. Having a ton of white can make the space feel cold and sterile. This is the opposite. You want the space to feel inviting with neutral colors.
- Say goodbye to colorful furniture. If you've got furniture in bright colors such as reds, blues, greens, or yellows, you might want to consider replacing them with pieces of natural colors.
- Hello Sunshine! Neutral colors are often complemented by sunlight!
- Adding contrast: think about the color fixtures in your home that will compliment the neutral colors.
- We offer fixtures in oil rubbed bronze and satin nickel, which can help complement a neutral space.
- Introduce greenery into your home to create a chic, rustic look
- You can incorporate color and /or texture into a space by adding color or shiplap to a wall for an accent wall, or choosing a pop of color for your tray ceiling.
- Textures will be your best friend when creating an all-neutral space, because they will help give your space a unique quality that can easily be lost in a soft palette design. Textured additions are a surefire way to keep guests engaged and comforted, without feeling swallowed by the full-on neutral space.
- If you like color, you can add pops of color with throw pillows, blankets, plants, books, or wall art
When building a home with WCH, you get the benefit of working with one of our designers who help customize your home to make it look how you want! They are trained and have plenty of experience to answer your questions and help you put together beautiful color schemes for your home.
Recent PostsMerry Christmas! From WCH Homes
Homeowner Summer Checklist
Back to the Neutrals
Homeowner March/April Checklist